The Norwegian Covered Bonds market
Norwegian covered bonds are attractive to investors looking for high-quality instruments with low credit and market risk.
Contact: Stein Sjølie
Direct:+47 23 28 43 54
The high quality of Norwegian covered bonds is supported by the Kingdom of Norway’s very strong macroeconomic position.
- Large revenues from production of crude oil and gas
- One of Europe’s lowest unemployment rates (below 4 per cent)
Covered Bond legislation
The Norwegian covered bond legislation is a modern and up to date legislation that provides investors strong protection from the cover pool.
- Only specialised credit institutions can raise loans by issuing covered bonds
- Supervised by The Financial Supervisory Authority of Norway
- Norwegian covered bonds are compliant with the Capital Requirement Directive and are eligible as collateral in ECB
Covered Bonds outstanding
- More than 20 issuers of covered bonds in the Norwegian market
- The largest issuers present in the international capital markets
- Around EUR 95 bn. Norwegian covered bonds outstanding by the end of 2011